As our country witnesses a surge in Covid-19 cases, we, as citizens, need to take all necessary precautions of health and hygiene more strictly than ever before and sign up for vaccination as soon as possible.
In India, the number of Covid-19 cases has risen sharply as the second wave of the pandemic sweeps the country. Several states have implemented stricter initiatives and protocols hoping to break the chain of transmission. We urge you to be extra cautious in these tough times.
Here are some precautions that can be followed to minimise the risk:
- Try to stay at home and open a window to get some ‘natural ventilation’;
- Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently, particularly those that are touched regularly;
- When outdoors, wear a mask, maintain social distancing and avoid spaces that are crowded or involve close contact with other people;
- Basic hand hygiene is equally important. Make sure you wash your hands with hand wash and water or clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub regularly and thoroughly;
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth, as your hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses that cause Covid-19, colds and flu; and
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and once done, throw away the used tissue into a closed waste bin and wash your hands.
It is also a good idea to focus on building your immunity. Consider having a Vitamin C rich diet (such as amla, oranges, etc).
Taking in the sunshine is also a must—this will provide natural Vitamin D. Inhaling steam twice daily is also helpful, along with taking in zinc and multivitamin supplements (as recommended by your doctor).
You need to take all the necessary precautions, especially the three basic ones: frequent hand washing, social distancing and wearing a mask.
VACCINATE FOR WELL-BEING
The Government of India has declared that vaccinations will be open to everyone above 18 years of age from May 1, 2021. Of course, the government will continue to vaccinate those people declared eligible so far: frontline workers, health workers and those people aged above 45.
Are you above 18 years of age? If yes, it’s time to know the vaccination process!
YOUR WELL-BEING IS OUR PRIORITY
The pandemic is not over yet, and the vaccine is our biggest hope. We, at Brookfield Properties, have made various arrangements to facilitate the ease and convenience of getting the vaccine, to you. We are arranging workplace vaccination service as per eligibility for our employees and third-party associates across our campuses, with the help of our health partners. We will be bearing the cost of the vaccination. Additionally, we have appointed relationship managers to facilitate the arrangements for our tenants who want to host vaccination camps in their office premises, in line with government guidelines.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR COVID-19 VACCINATION?
Via the CoWIN portal
- Log on to www.cowin. gov.in. Enter your mobile number.
- You will get an OTP to create your account. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Verify’.
- You will then be directed to the registration of the vaccination page. Here, fill in your name, age, gender and upload a photo identity proof.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button. The system will now show ‘Account Details’.
- Click on the ‘Add More’ button to add three more people linked with your registered mobile number.
- Click on the button indicating ‘Schedule appointment’.
- Search a vaccination centre of your choice, check the date and availability, and click on the ‘Book’ button.
- You will receive a confirmation message.
Via the Aarogya Setu app
- On the Aarogya Setu app, visit the ‘CoWIN’ tab. Click on ‘Vaccination’ and select the ‘Register Now’ option.
- The rest of the steps are similar to registering for Covid-19 vaccination via the CoWIN portal.