Brookfield Properties is committed to partnering with, empowering, and providing resources for Black- and minority-owned businesses.
Partner to Empower is a program dedicated to addressing and breaking down the systemic racial barriers that members of our communities face.
We will invest $25 million through 2025 to help Black and minority business owners open brick-and-mortar stores in our malls by providing:
- One-on-one business planning and guidance
- Networking opportunities and resources
- Funding dedicated to store construction expenses
- A tailored, four-week Retail Workshop led by industry experts
It is our goal to bring more diversity to our shopping centers and help support equity within our industry.
Our program at a glance
businesses completed the Retail Workshop
stores open or under construction
Applications for Session 3 open late summer 2022
Is this program right for you?
We’re looking for Black- or minority-owned businesses that:
- Are interested in opening a store within the Brookfield Properties U.S. mall portfolio.
- Have the correct funding to support their business operations and inventory outside of the funding that the program provides for store build-out expenses.
- Want to sign a license agreement — ideally for a minimum of two years.
- Are available to attend the Retail Workshop.
Partner to Empower funding is specifically for the expenses associated with the build-out and construction of a physical store within a Brookfield Properties mall. For full funding details visit our FAQ page.
Our four-week virtual Retail Workshop is a master class on all things business and brick-and-mortar retail. Led by industry experts, the workshop will cover topics such as building business plans, business banking, marketing, staffing, store operations, leadership, and more — and the best part: it’s free for accepted applicants.
Stay up to date on program news, application windows, and more.