Every organisation is thinking of smart ways to keep their employees safe and healthy, as they return from remote to physical workspaces. At Candor TechSpace, we have worked out protocols and considerations in response to the needs of a post COVID-19 world.
Candor TechSpace is taking all steps to ensure that its campuses are 100 per cent safe for tenants, their employees and other end-users. From temperature checks at the entrances, to periodic checks for frontline staff to monitor their health, along with physical distancing guidelines, we have followed every health and hygiene protocol.
Our tenants too need to comply with certain safety and health standards and regulations when resuming operations at their physical offices in our campuses. This in turn will supplement our efforts to ensure the health, safety and wellness of all those present in or visiting our campuses.
Here are some guidelines to be followed in employee interest, at the workplace:
- Ramp-up plans: Planned ramping up of employees based on local guidelines and occupant business continuity plan (BCP) will help in avoiding sudden crowding, especially of elevators and other common facilities in the campus.
- Staggered timings: Implementation of staggered timings (such as alternate day or shift staggering) to prevent two non-related functions from coming in contact.
- Transportation aspect: Transportation planning will be the key to managing flow of employees. All vehicles need to be mandatorily disinfected on entering the campus.
- Physical distancing: Distancing within workspaces with minimum six feet between seats will need to be implemented especially with open-plan office spaces.
- Brief employees: Employees need to be briefed on self-regulation and isolation especially in case of a travel history to hotspots or signs of flu such as high body temperature and cough.
- Contact-free experience: Ensure contact-free experience, from access control to routine business processes like e-training, e-invoice processing and online payments.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Masks are a must: Personal protective equipment such as masks is an important measure for transmission control. Wearing of masks is compulsory as per Local/WHO/MOHFW guidelines.
- Behavioural-based safety aspects: Re-emphasise behavioural-based safety aspects such as policy to stay at home when sick, hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Check body temperature: Employees’ body temperature need to be checked upon exiting the office and appropriate records need to be maintained for the same.
- Download Aarogya Setu app: The Government of India has launched aarogya Setu, a mobile application. Encourage employees to use the app for information on best practices and medical advisories pertaining to the containment of infection spread.
- Elevator capacity limit: Lift protocol mandates not more than four people using the facility at a time. Employees should be encouraged to use the staircase.
OTHER PROTOCOLS TO BE FOLLOWED
To ensure safety of the people working or visiting the campus, there are certain other protocols that occupants are expected to follow in the premises:
Entry For Pedestrians
- All employees entering the campus have to have their ID card on, failing which they shall be stopped at the entrance.
- The process of conducting body temperature checks will continue to be active at the main entrance.
- Employees entering the campus have to wear face masks and other appropriate PPE compulsorily.
Entry For Vehicles
- All vehicles like taxis and tempo travellers will need to display sanitisation checklist on the front windscreen; guards may check the vehicles randomly for implementation of the sanitisation process.
- All RFID stickers will need to be pasted on vehicles, else entry might be denied.
- To prevent traffic snarls within the campus, staggered timings of vehicles and shifts to be ensured by occupants.
- In case of two-wheelers, only the driver is permitted.
- In case of four-wheelers, only the driver and one passenger are allowed.
- In case of special transport arrangement, vehicles are allowed with only 30-40 per cent of capacity.
Entry For Visitors
- Any walk-ins or visitors to the campus are strongly discouraged in order to prevent crowding and reduce the chances of transmission from hotspots.
- In case of VVIP visits, the Occupant SPOC (Single Point of Contact) to brief the VVIP on safety protocol to avoid miscommunication.
- Goods vehicles or mail service providers will be only allowed entry only from 6 am to 8 am or 8 pm to 10 pm to prevent traffic.
Usage Of Common Areas
- Congregations are prohibited at any area within the campus including smoking zones and food court till further notice.
- Occupants and employees need to follow markings made within the campuses including elevators, pedestrian entry and exit, etc.
SUSPECTED OR CONFIRMED CASES
What if we are notified that someone in the campus has tested positive for COVID-19? Or what if a tenant has notified all their other employees of an employee who is being self-quarantined due to contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19? Here’s what you may expect from us in such a scenario:
Communication With Occupant SPOCs
- All Occupant SPOCs will be notified of any positive cases turning up in the campus.
- Any subsequent action for tenants will be according to their respective continuity plans.
Sharing Of Available Information
- We will investigate the prevailing situation to supply tenants with accurate information.
- If you have any specific questions to ask us, we will be glad to assist you.
- We are constantly assessing our response to COVID-19 and being diligent when it comes to when it comes to enforcing precautionary measures.
- We are making all reasonable efforts to keep our campuses operating and open for business.
Deep Cleaning And Sanitisation
- Upon receipt of notification of a positive case in a specific area of a building, our Quick Response Team will perform deep cleaning and disinfection there.
- Deep-cleaning and sanitisation protocol shall also be activated for the base building area.
So, make sure that you follow the aforementioned guidelines, as these are important not only for our own health and safety but those of our colleagues as well. Acting decisively and smartly together will help us scale these challenging times.
Thank you for continuing to place your trust and confidence in Candor TechSpace!